What is a Global Citizen internship?
AIESEC’s Global Citizen is our international volunteering program. Students have an opportunity to have an intense, cross-cultural personal development experience, while working with NGOs’, Schools or Start Ups in one of 126 different countries! You have an opportunity to be an agent of change in society by creating a positive social impact.
Our volunteering internship experiences can be done at any point in time throughout the year and last between 6 and 12 weeks. A Global Citizen internship is a volunteer opportunity, and is an unpaid experience.
However many opportunities include accommodation and/or meals while you are abroad. All AIESEC in Lund needs from you is that you have studied at a Swedish university and are either still studying or you have graduated in the past two years.
AIESEC in Lund will help you throughout the entire process by providing
- Access to our internship database
- Support in the cultural preparation for your internship
- Logistical support with visas, insurance and accommodation
- An AIESEC representative from both sides – sending entity (Sweden) and hosting entity (country of your destination), who will also guide and assist you throughout the duration of your internship
- Airport pickup
- When you’re abroad AIESEC will organise activities and social events to help you settle into your new home
- An AIESEC internship certificate and access to an alumni network of over 1,000,000 people!
AIESEC is present in 126 countries and territories and has volunteer opportunities available over the world. Are you ready to make a difference gain international experience and develop your professionalism through volunteer work this year?
Author: Lauren McIntosh